S2R are offering a basic Mental Health Awareness training session free of charge via Zoom on Friday 27th November 2020 from 9am to 11am. This is for anyone who is a Mutual Aid Group volunteer in Kirklees.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between mental health and mental illness
- Know the main signs and symptoms of the most common mental illnesses
- Define wellbeing
- Understand the relationship between wellbeing and emotional resilience
- Be aware of sources of help and support
If you would like to book a place on this session please email firstname.lastname@example.org
S2R have also created 12 Wellbeing packs – these are all available for volunteers to use and share with people who may be self-isolating or who are lonely and might be struggling with depression and anxiety.
Confidential telephone support for Covid-19 volunteers in Kirklees
Had a tough day? Feeling overwhelmed? Finding the tasks daunting? Volunteering during this time can be stressful. If you need someone to talk to, you are not alone, we are here for you.
“Open Ears” is a conﬁdential telephone support service for all Covid-19 volunteers in Kirklees, provided by Third Sector Leaders.
What we can do
- We offer emotional support over the phone.
- We listen and provide help on how you can look after your wellbeing.
- We signpost you to additional services and support where required.
What we can’t do
- We can’t offer medical or ﬁnancial advice.
- We are not a professional counselling service.
- We are not an ongoing befriending service.
- We are not volunteer coordinators or a complaints service.
How to get in touch
To get in touch with us, please send a simple Hello to email@example.com
We will respond to you immediately with a short form to fill in, and will connect you with one of the Open Ears team as soon as possible. (Please check your junk mail folder if you don’t receive it).
Open Ears – Aspire
Open Ears leaflet (PDF)