Kirklees Libraries service have a range of free books, discarded from their stock, that they are making available to a number of community organisations including Mutual Aid Groups, to share with members of your community who would benefit from a new read.
These books are ones which are no longer used by libraries but are still in good condition. The intention is to gift them to community groups who are working with people in need, are shielding or who would not otherwise have access to them. They are not intended to be loaned and returned, just given away.
There are many different genres of books on offer – Crime, Thriller, Love and Romance, Mills & Boon, Westerns, General, Audio (general) or Large print (including crime and love and romance).
If you would like Kirklees Libraries to gift you some boxes of books to simply give away to people in your community, and you have the logistics in place to be able to do this, here’s how.
- Email Luc Bride: email@example.com
- Ask in your email for the genre of books required (they will be boxed)
- Get your email to Luc no later than Sunday 28th June 2020 (extended deadline)
How to get your books
- Your books will be available for collection from Huddersfield Library on 3rd July 2020
- Your books will have been quarantined for 72 hours prior to collection
- You will be asked to collect your books at a set time, in order to maintain social distancing.
Ensure that when passing these books on to members of your community you have infection control measures in place.
This is a one-time offer and not a part of our normal library service, and is not intended to replace the library service (which will be resuming at some point in the hopefully not too distant future) but to release some literature in to our communities for the benefit of our residents and neighbours.