Citizens Advice

Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre

People who are experiencing issues with their tenancies or employment can get advice from Kirklees Citizens Advice & Law Centre, who currently have good capacity to support people.

Citizens Advice can offer general advice on all social welfare issues, delivered by staff who are working from home and who will need to call or email you back. This can be accessed in 3 ways:

  • Visit the website:  where there is an online contact form
  • Telephone: 0344 848 7970 – this will go through to the Citizens Advice call centre who can pass details back to local staff.
  • Organisations and councillors can make a direct referral by email:

There are full details on the Citizens Advice website about the more specialist advice on offer, including:

  • Debt
  • Housing (with a focus on homelessness – other housing queries should be directed to Fusion, Tel. 01924 663541)
  • Community Care
  • Discrimination
  • Asylum (NOT other immigration advice)
  • EU Settlement Scheme
  • Employment – direct advice number 01924 868147