The outbreak of Covid-19 has presented many challenges but has demonstrated how neighbourhoods and communities have pulled together, kept an eye out for each other, and supported those who are not in a position to help themselves.
Forming a Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your neighbourhood is just one opportunity that local volunteers or mutual aid groups could move forward with, continuing the amazing work already done over the past few months.
Neighbourhood Watch schemes are far more than the old cliché of ‘nosy neighbours’ and there are number of ways they can impact positively in our communities. They can:
- Support neighbours struggling with Covid-19 restrictions
- Create safer neighbourhoods
- Build community spirit and cohesion
- Enhance partnerships with other community groups
- Address issues relating to anti-social behaviour
- Improve quality of life and the local environment
- Provide valuable information to the police
- Reassure people
There are lots of resources available to help.
Becoming part of the West Yorkshire Police Neighbourhood Watch network will keep you informed and more alert to what is happening around you, creating a safer neighbourhood.
Safer Kirklees would like to build on the close community relationships and have a commitment to work with communities to address quality of life issues. They believe local people are best placed to understand local needs and help find the solutions to support others.
Find out more
More information about setting up a Neighbourhood Watch: