This blog post was updated on 20th July 2020
Community buildings in our local places across Kirklees are vitally important hubs for communities, offering social, mental and physical support to citizens. Kirklees Council wants support the re-opening of these buildings in a safe and practical way as part of our recovery.
Community Buildings Webinar
On Tuesday 14th July 2020 from 6.30pm to 8pm Kirklees Council hosted a webinar to provide guidance on how to safely re-open community buildings, sharing advice about the things to consider, including how to decide when is the right time to re-open. We also discussed the lessons learnt from community buildings that have stayed open during lockdown. This learning can help everyone with the re-opening of community buildings in our local places.
The webinar panel included:
- Joanne Bartholomew, Chief Operating Officer, Kirklees Neighbourhood Housing
- Jane O’Donnell, Head of Health Protection, Kirklees Council
- Emma Griff, Facilities Management Officer, Kirklees Council
- Jaime Nalson, Venue Management, Kirklees Council
- Lisa Newbold, Local Services 2 You
There was an opportunity for people to ask questions in advance and via the YouTube chat during the session.
Watch the webinar and see the chat
Watch the webinar
Kirklees Council guidance
Covid-19: Re-opening of community facilities (PDF)
COVID-19: Guidance for the safe use of community facilities