Third Sector Leaders Kirklees are a local charity who support and represent charities, community and groups, and social enterprises anywhere in Kirklees. They have been working incredibly hard to support local organisations and informal groups during Covid-19 and are keen for you to know what free support is available for groups in all our local places. Groups and organisations do not need to become members in order to access this free support.
How local groups can access free support
- Visit the TSL Kirklees website:
- Sign up to the TSL Kirklees newsletter (from the links on the website)
- Connect via Third Sector Leaders Kirklees on Facebook or @TSLKirklees on twitter
- Attend network meetings, events and training (currently online).
- Call or email to talk to the team: Contact TSL Kirklees
Support with volunteering
TSL Kirklees offer a free volunteer matching service. The TSL Kirklees Volunteering team (formerly known as Volunteering Kirklees) work with organisations to develop their volunteering programmes and opportunities. They can promote volunteering opportunities from local groups via their volunteering website:
Support for local projects
Organisations can get involved in various TSL Kirklees projects which are designed to fill gaps in service and delivery and support communities. TSL Kirklees have some small pots of funding that groups can access to try out new ideas and activity in their local place.
TSL Kirklees membership – free to April 2021
In addition to all the free support on offer, any group or organisation can choose to become a member in order to help lead and promote the voluntary and community sector in Kirklees.
The benefits of membership include access to a Members Area on the TSL Kirklees website where groups can:
- Add their own news and updates (these will appear on the TSL Kirklees website and will also be shared via email updates and social media)
- Add job vacancies to the jobs board (again, these will be shared with the network)
- Find member offers
- Find details of other members
- Join a members-only Facebook group
Members can also take part in additional networking meetings and will receive extra communications.
In March 2020, TSL Kirklees offered 3 months free membership to support local organisations who might be struggling financially during Covid-19. This offer has since been extended twice. The free membership offer is now available until April 2021.
Regular membership costs are:
£12 per year for micro or start-up organisations
£36 per year for any other organisations