We know that many people in our community will continue to need support in accessing food as the lockdown is lifted. We also want to make sure that the support network we have built together remains sustainable as we gradually move past Covid-19. So we are developing a Kirklees Food Network to connect everyone.
If you’re currently providing a food offer to support vulnerable people through your Mutual Aid Group or local organisation and would like to be part of the Kirklees Food Network, we’d like to hear form you. Your food offer might be either food parcels, food donations, a food bank or hot food.
This is an informal support network where you will:
- Have support in your local place from one of the 3 main foodbanks across Kirklees – The Welcome Centre in Huddersfield, Fusion in Dewsbury or Batley Foodbank.
- Be signposted to further support for the people you’re helping.
- Access support, guidance and advice around local welfare provision, food safety, safeguarding, housing and other essential policies.
- Share good practice and ensure any gaps in provision are highlighted.
- Access support from Councillors, Kirklees Council staff and other local community organisations.
- Help to ensure our food offer is stable beyond Covid-19.
Join the network
If you would like to access this support, and be part of the network, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Rebecca Strutt, Transformation Project Manager directly on 07790 349978. Thank you.