Do Something Now – Covid-19 Response is a community investment opportunity to help communities respond to the challenges facing Kirklees as a result of Covid-19. Kirklees Council want to support local people, community groups, Mutual Aid Groups and community organisations to provide essential support and services to local people who have been affected.
How much can you apply for?
- Individuals can apply for up to £200
- Unconstituted groups can apply for up to £1,000
- Constituted groups, charities and not for profit organisations can apply for up to £50,000
Funding awards will be for a maximum of 3 months support, with an option to extend if necessary.
What can be funded?
We are prioritising ideas and projects that:
- help individuals, children and families get access to food and essential supplies such as medicines
- provide support around mental health, emotional and social wellbeing
Keeping critical services going, and other projects and ideas, may also be considered for funding.
Help towards running costs for organisations
We will consider funding running costs for groups and organisations who are responding to Covid-19, which might include:
- Recruiting and training volunteers who are helping with the Covid-19 response.
- Telephone calls.
- Building costs such as rent, gas and electricity for new sites used as part of the response.
Costs towards capital items may also be considered.
How to apply
Before you apply, it’s a good idea to:
- Discuss your idea with a member of the Community Plus team or Third Sector Leaders.
- Consider whether there is an urgent need for this project, to respond to the Covid-19 situation.
- Check whether something similar is being delivered elsewhere in Kirklees.
- Connect with other local partners that you can work with to help make the project a success.
Please send your completed application to email@example.com
The funding panel (Kirklees Council managers and a voluntary sector partner) will meet weekly.