Kirklees Council have made more money available for councillors to help organisations and groups support people in our local places during the Covid-19 pandemic. £30,000 of extra funding is now available for each ward (which is a local place that 3 councillors represent) through their Ward Project Budgets. Please make contact with your local councillors if you are part of a group or project in need of urgent funding to support people in your local place during the coronavirus outbreak.
How much can you apply for?
There are no fixed limits – the funding is decided by your local councillors. You’ll be asked to supply a breakdown of costs, including any other contributions made through grants, fundraising or volunteering
Who can apply?
- Registered charities
- Constituted community and voluntary organisations
- Mutual aid groups who are working with an Anchor organisation
- Town and Parish Councils
- Faith organisations
- Local businesses wishing to deliver charitable support
What can be funded?
A few examples of what can be funded include:
- Existing and new groups supporting vulnerable people who are self-isolating.
- Befriending groups that provide support for people in isolation.
- Groups that support the health and wellbeing of vulnerable people.
- Organisations that provide advice and support about employment and welfare benefits.
- Support with equipment and materials so that community support can be delivered safely.
- Help with running costs such as volunteer expenses and transport costs.
Please contact your councillors to discus your ideas.